Motor skill development is a significant stage of a child’s developmental sector. In this period, children can explore their world actively. They are trying to improve themselves in different sectors.
Among different developing sectors, toddlers can achieve these skills through the help of their parents and other family members. Parents can find various options to build the motor skills development of their toddlers.
Motor skill refers to the developing sectors of the physical growth of children. Some notable and essential developments are involved in these skills, like the growth of bones and muscles.
Types of motor skill development
- Fine motor skill development
- Gross motor skill development
Fine motor skill development involves some capabilities of children from their small muscles. These developments come from fingers and hands, through which children can hold and grasp some small particles.
In this fine motor skill development, children can grasp a pen, pick up their foods, etc. in this stage; they also learn how to take care of themselves. It is a critical developing stage for children. Some common fine motor skills are rolling playdough, cleaning teeth, clapping hands, wearing clothes and shoes, etc.
Gross motor skill development is the development and proper growth of a child’s legs, arms, and other large muscles. This development process involves daily physical activities like learning to kick, laugh, run, walk, etc.
Children also develop their recreational parts, awareness processes, strength ability, and maintain balance. During this time, children are created in different sectors based on their age. Let’s check their
- Kick legs and can move these legs
- Learn to turn your head on both sides
- Perform tummy on the floor frequently
- Learn to roll around
- Able to work with two hands
- Move without any help
- Able to stand also from the floor
- Learn to ride a tricycle
- Able to catch a big ball
Yes! Motor skills are an essential part of every life. These skills are related throughout each work of life. These skills develop in different sectors. You can consider this life just the initial period after birth. And motor skills expand throughout the entire life of children.
These skills develop children to learn a lot of matters to explore their daily life. The initial physical development of life is connected to every child’s life. Without proper development of all motor skills, life may not be fulfilled.
If children fail to develop their motor development properly, they cannot lead others for any further work. In that case, parents and other older people should help them with their proper development.
How can we help children to develop their motor skills?
Parents and others can develop a child’s motor skills through different playing activities.
Play is one of the most crucial development sectors for children. Children can move their bodies like fingers, hands, legs, etc.
Some specific playing activities are arranged to help children uplift their jumping and running skills. They will get options to climb up with different toys. They also can ride, pull toys, etc.
- Pushing and pulling activity
- Playing activities with throwing and catching
- Jumping work with running
- The playing activity with a climb
Fine motor development includes the controlling capabilities of small muscles like fingers, toes, hands, feet, etc. Besides these, the tongue and other muscle development processes are also parts of fine motor development.
The baby care center also arranges different activities for fine skill development. Let’s explain-
- Arrangement of puzzle activities for brain development
- Handling capabilities of different-sized knobs
- Performance of wheelchair management for learning other intellectual sessions
- The equipment for children’s story like brushes, large chalk, scissors, and markers, are all safe material
- Wheel-shaped toys are essential for providing a lesson on different motor skills
- Brain development stories, videos, and other activities
How do they encourage children’s motor skill development?
Some exceptional skill development should be followed like;
- Arrange facilitate activities
- Teach children to grasp pincer
- Encourage stacking and begin activities
- Obsession dumping activities
- Basic skills development activities
- Parents have to be patient with utensils
How can I help my child develop motor skills?
Motor skill development is a significant part for children’s overall development processes. We have already known the different development factors with two types of motor skill development.